Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Warranted to Aggravate

I get roughly 10 phone calls a day from different gendered computers telling me that the factory warranty on my vehicle has expired. These calls happen to come in via my work phone. I listen for a second and the same script launches from different area codes. Scam artists from Canada, California, and other far away reaches of North America are genuinely concerned about my automobile's health.

Little do they know that my 1997 Honda Civic's factory warranty expired about 70,000 miles ago. So yes, it is too late to renew; and no... I couldn't care less. A few times I have tried to remove the phone number from the list. I always reach a very frantic operator. I hope their job does not bank on anyone willing to sign up for this supposed warranty. I think it's safe to assume that no one does, and I am left to wonder how such a company stays in "business".

I don't even think I have the energy to get annoyed by these sales attempts. In fact I feel a certain joy when I realize the person calling is just a computer chip. Ah yes, much better than the other phone calls I receive that make me feel like this:





or



No comments: