Friday, July 11, 2008

Nose is running like a coke fiend's

I am getting into the bad habit of replacing breakfast with coffee. It makes me wired and ready to go for 8 hours of sitting and greeting people with variations of "Good Morning, How are you?"

That business developer was right. I should be writing a novel with all the time I have here. But mostly its squandered on reading other people's writing. Not such a bad thing, the best writers read voraciously. (OK well the online shopping is not doing much to edify myself)

This would be the perfect job for a very lazy human being. Or a retirement-age person with bad knees. I unfortunately find myself eating far too many vending machine snacks. I justify this by running on alternate days after work. No, I don't really need the "BIG BAG" of cookies, or the "LARGE SIZE" Reese's cups. I finally know what it means to eat out of boredom.

My self-esteem suffers when PhD holding scientists assume I am a career receptionist with no degree. Oh well, they are working to cure cancer, can't get too resentful. I tend to get along better with the janitors. I can't stand snobbery and they are so down to earth it's like they are burrowing underground. They know what it's like to work to pay bills, not for some greater cause. This is respectable, I admire them just as much.

I remember in Elementary and Middle School I thought I was going to be a doctor after my time at Harvard. Alternatively I ended up at SUNY Purchase as a journalism major that hates much of the modern media industry. So much for big dreams?

No comments: